• Fall Family Weekend 2018 is here! Friday, Oct. 12th thru Sunday, Oct. 14th: Welcome, Parents, Grandparents, & Siblings!

Filed under Editors' Message

Editors’ Message 2013-2014

We are excited to launch The Rectory School’s first online student newspaper! We have been working with students on our newspaper staff since the beginning of the school year to write, edit, and now publish articles of interest to the students at Rectory. This is a work in progress, and we will be adding more content on a regular basis. We hope you enjoy reading the articles and viewing the videos, which are all student creations.  If you have any comments or suggestions, you can send them our way via the “comment” section at the end of each article. Thank you for viewing our student newspaper and don’t forget to check back soon to see what new stories and videos we have added to the site!

About the Writer
Mrs. Shattuck, The DiRectory Advisor

In 2013/2014 Mrs. Shattuck became the new student newspaper advisor. She had big shoes to fill, as she took over for Mrs. Rimer who retired the year before from her 16-year position as The DiRectory’s newspaper advisor. Now this is Mrs. Shattuck’s fourth year at The Rectory School. She teaches Grade 8 Language Skills, facilitates the 9th-grade on-line world language courses (through Middlebury College in Vermont), and also tutors students in Rectory’s Individualized Instruction Program. Mrs. Shattuck is very excited that the Rectory student newspaper is still going strong in its second year as an “online only” publication. “In an online newspaper, the articles are more timely, and students can include video clips and interest polls. So the student newspaper is truly interactive and lively, just as a middle-school paper should be!”

1 Comment

One Response to “Editors’ Message 2013-2014”

1. John on December 22nd, 2013 2:15 pm

I really enjoyed the first edition of the DiRectory, great mix of current events and Rectory news. To all the staff keep up the great work!

*

Editors’ Message 2013-2014