The student news site of The Rectory School

• Rectory's last day of school is Thursday, June 8th, 2017! Have a safe and happy summer!!

Mr. Gray: New Admissions Associate Profile

Mr. Gray is a new-hire in the Rectory Admissions Office, but he is not new to Rectory School.

Being an Associate in the Admissions Office can make it hard to become familiar with the students currently at Rectory, especially when it’s your first year working at the school. Although, when you are as involved in the school as Mr. Gray ’09, it would be hard not to know everybody here. As a dorm parent, coach, advisor, and now an Admissions Associate, it makes it easy for him to become a recognized and well-liked face around Rectory. Also, as a Rectory Alum with many family connections to the school, it was easy for Mr. Gray to start here as a new employee and already be familiar with many faces around campus.

Mr. Gray with his father when he was a 9th-grade student at Rectory in 2009.

Mr. Gray loved his time here as a student and enjoyed playing varsity football, varsity hockey, and varsity lacrosse for the school. His favorite part of the school, however, were the relationships that he formed between his peers and the dedicated teachers. The faculty at Rectory during his time at the school included his uncle, Mr. Army, who was the headmaster, and his father, who worked in the Business Office and was also the lacrosse coach. However, the faculty member who made the biggest impact on him during his time here as a student was Mr. Long. Mr. Long was a great inspiration to him and someone whom Mr. Gray deeply admires and looks up to.

While he is no longer a student, Mr. Gray believes that being an Admissions Associate is better, as he enjoys being able to work with the students. The warm environment and sense of community is what compelled him to come back, seven years after he graduated with the class of 2009. He knows how much of a positive impact a teacher/administrator here can make on a student, which is what he wants to be able to do, and also why he wanted to be a dorm parent. By living on dorm with the students, he is able to get to know them on a more personal level and help them to become the young men they all have the potential to be. Mr. Gray’s dedication to the school can be seen when he sends emails to his lacrosse players, despite lacrosse season being months away, and when he volunteered to be the wrestling coach, even though he knows very little about the sport. (He will learn!)

Mr. Gray as a student at Rectory with one of his classmates.

Mr. Gray is truly a role model for others. His selflessness and dedication are just a few of his admirable traits, which others should aspire to. When you see him around Rectory School, be sure to say hello, and do your best to get to know him. It will pay off tremendously!

1 Comment

One Response to “Mr. Gray: New Admissions Associate Profile”

1. adviser on November 21st, 2016 9:48 am

Hayden, you did a terrific job writing this interview with Mr. Gray as a narrative! I like it so much better than just posting the questions and answers. Wonderful article!!

[Reply]

*

• Mr. Gray: New Admissions Associate Profile

Showcase

Ms. Minifie’s Art Elective

Showcase

Rectory’s Wrestling Team

Showcase

Rectory’s Marching Band Marches On!

Self-Driving Cars Will Soon Be a Reality: Can You Imagine?

Showcase

The Inequality of Male and Female Athletes’ Salaries

Showcase

Rectory’s MELP Program

StarCraft II Video Game Review

Rectory’s 2017 Spring Play: Seussical, Jr.

Showcase

Rectory Athletes: Baseball & Lacrosse Student Interviews

Coaches' Corner

Coach Gray