• Mid-Term grades for fall term 2018-19 coming out soon!

Mr. Gray: New Admissions Associate Profile

Mr. Gray is a new-hire in the Rectory Admissions Office, but he is not new to Rectory School.

Being an Associate in the Admissions Office can make it hard to become familiar with the students currently at Rectory, especially when it’s your first year working at the school. Although, when you are as involved in the school as Mr. Gray ’09, it would be hard not to know everybody here. As a dorm parent, coach, advisor, and now an Admissions Associate, it makes it easy for him to become a recognized and well-liked face around Rectory. Also, as a Rectory Alum with many family connections to the school, it was easy for Mr. Gray to start here as a new employee and already be familiar with many faces around campus.

Mr. Gray with his father when he was a 9th-grade student at Rectory in 2009.

Mr. Gray loved his time here as a student and enjoyed playing varsity football, varsity hockey, and varsity lacrosse for the school. His favorite part of the school, however, were the relationships that he formed between his peers and the dedicated teachers. The faculty at Rectory during his time at the school included his uncle, Mr. Army, who was the headmaster, and his father, who worked in the Business Office and was also the lacrosse coach. However, the faculty member who made the biggest impact on him during his time here as a student was Mr. Long. Mr. Long was a great inspiration to him and someone whom Mr. Gray deeply admires and looks up to.

While he is no longer a student, Mr. Gray believes that being an Admissions Associate is better, as he enjoys being able to work with the students. The warm environment and sense of community is what compelled him to come back, seven years after he graduated with the class of 2009. He knows how much of a positive impact a teacher/administrator here can make on a student, which is what he wants to be able to do, and also why he wanted to be a dorm parent. By living on dorm with the students, he is able to get to know them on a more personal level and help them to become the young men they all have the potential to be. Mr. Gray’s dedication to the school can be seen when he sends emails to his lacrosse players, despite lacrosse season being months away, and when he volunteered to be the wrestling coach, even though he knows very little about the sport. (He will learn!)

Mr. Gray as a student at Rectory with one of his classmates.

Mr. Gray is truly a role model for others. His selflessness and dedication are just a few of his admirable traits, which others should aspire to. When you see him around Rectory School, be sure to say hello, and do your best to get to know him. It will pay off tremendously!

About the Writer
Hayden M., Staff Reporter

My name is Hayden M., and I am from Little Compton, RI. This is my fourth year at Rectory, and I am a proctor on DGB dorm this year. Although I have been here for four years, this is my first year on the newspaper staff. I decided to join the newspaper this year because I wanted to write about topics that are important to me.

1 Comment

One Response to “Mr. Gray: New Admissions Associate Profile”

1. adviser on November 21st, 2016 9:48 am

Hayden, you did a terrific job writing this interview with Mr. Gray as a narrative! I like it so much better than just posting the questions and answers. Wonderful article!!

*

• Mr. Gray: New Admissions Associate Profile

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Li, A New Teacher in Rectory’s Elementary School

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Li – New Elementary Teacher

New Teacher Profiles

This is Mr. Finnegan

New Teacher Profiles

Mrs. Hayes: A New Teacher in Rectory’s Math Department

New Teacher Profiles

Natalie’s “New Teacher” Minute-to-Finish Interviews: Ms. Farrell & Ms. Murphy

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Winkler Has Arrived at Rectory

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Smith, the New Kid on the Block

New Teacher Profiles

New Teacher Profile: Mrs. Barker

New Teacher Profiles

New Teacher Profile: Ms. Hunt

New Teacher Profiles

New Teacher Profiles: Ms. Hannah Minifie