• Mid-Term grades for fall term 2018-19 coming out soon!

Natalie’s “New Teacher” Minute-to-Finish Interviews: Ms. Farrell & Ms. Murphy

Ms. Farrell and Ms. Murphy are both first-year teachers at Rectory this year.

Whenever we have new teachers at Rectory School The DiRectory likes to interview them to get to know them better: where did they go to school?; where did they grow up, and where do they live now?; how many siblings do they have?; what sports did they play in high school and college?; what are their interests?; and when did they become interested in teaching?, etc. These are important facts for us to learn about our new faculty members.

This year (2016/2017) we have several new faculty members, and we wanted to interview them in a completely different manner – – something more fun! So, we took the “Minute-to-Win-It” concept and used it for our interview format. We wrote each of our interview questions on a strip of paper and placed them all in a container, which we brought to each of our interviews. We explained to those we were interviewing that they would have one minute to select the question strips, one at a time, and answer as many of our questions as they could in one minute. Ms. Farrell, who teaches mathematics, and Ms. Murphy, who teaches English and language skills, were both very good sports, considering they were the first teachers to be interviewed with this new format. Watch our video to see how many interview questions they were able to answer in one minute. And please let us know how you like this new interview format. Thank you!

About the Writers
Natalie P., Reporter/Student Editor

Hi! My name is Natalie P.  I’m in 9th-grade, and this is my second year at Rectory School and my fourth term on the newspaper staff. I love to write, even though I am dyslexic. When I get older, I want to become a reporter, an author, or a professional hockey goalie. My sports this year are volleyball, hockey, and tennis. History is my favorite class. Some of my hobbies are robotics, sailing, and drawing. I also love to direct videos, dance, and help other people whenever I can. My father graduated from Rectory School in 1973, and I am following in his footsteps.

Alexander G., Staff Reporter

Alexander G. is a 9th-grade student at The Rectory School. He has been here since 4th grade, and this will be his final year on The DiRectory newspaper staff. He has been on the newspaper staff for 3 years in the fall term, writing articles based on his opinion, interviews he has conducted, and worldwide topics. He hopes to use his journalism and graphic design skills throughout his high school newspaper career. He hopes to contribute to polls and to compare popular and controversial topics. He has some great ideas for articles; if you want to read some of his past articles, click on the right-hand side of this web page.

1 Comment

One Response to “Natalie’s “New Teacher” Minute-to-Finish Interviews: Ms. Farrell & Ms. Murphy”

1. Mrs. Chmura on November 21st, 2016 2:12 pm

This was AWESOME! So much fun! Great idea!

*

• Natalie’s “New Teacher” Minute-to-Finish Interviews: Ms. Farrell & Ms. Murphy

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Li, A New Teacher in Rectory’s Elementary School

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Li – New Elementary Teacher

New Teacher Profiles

This is Mr. Finnegan

New Teacher Profiles

Mrs. Hayes: A New Teacher in Rectory’s Math Department

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Gray: New Admissions Associate Profile

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Winkler Has Arrived at Rectory

New Teacher Profiles

Mr. Smith, the New Kid on the Block

New Teacher Profiles

New Teacher Profile: Mrs. Barker

New Teacher Profiles

New Teacher Profile: Ms. Hunt

New Teacher Profiles

New Teacher Profiles: Ms. Hannah Minifie