• Fall Family Weekend 2018 is here! Friday, Oct. 12th thru Sunday, Oct. 14th: Welcome, Parents, Grandparents, & Siblings!

Top 24 Holiday Movies

Happy Holidays! In celebration of this upcoming holiday season, Nat S. and Alexander G. have chosen their favorite holiday movies. These movies range from the classics, like White Christmas, to “laugh out loud” movies, like National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. All of these movies have been personally selected and voted on by The DiRectory staff.

Even if you do not celebrate Christmas, we have included movies like Frosty The Snowman and The Snowman (by Raymond Briggs), which are seasonal favorites. Also, there are movies for all age levels; if you are under five or over 105, there are movies listed here for you to watch. If you are a grownup, you’ll notice some of the classics that you grew up watching.

We have chosen twenty-four movies, so that you can watch one movie per night, starting on December 1st. Or, if you really want, you can “binge-watch” them all. Now that would be a movie marathon!

Be sure to watch Nat S. and Alexander G.’s Animoto video with our picks for the top 24 holiday movies. Happy viewing and Happy Holidays from the Newspaper Staff!

About the Writers
Alexander G., Staff Reporter

Alexander G. is a 9th-grade student at The Rectory School. He has been here since 4th grade, and this will be his final year on The DiRectory newspaper staff. He has been on the newspaper staff for 3 years in the fall term, writing articles based on his opinion, interviews he has conducted, and worldwide topics. He hopes to use his journalism and graphic design skills throughout his high school newspaper career. He hopes to contribute to polls and to compare popular and controversial topics. He has some great ideas for articles; if you want to read some of his past articles, click on the right-hand side of this web page.

Nat S., Staff Writer

My name is Natalie S. (Nat). I am in the ninth grade, and I have been at the Rectory School for three years. This year is my fourth and last year here. When I was in the 7th grade, I was on the newspaper staff, but last year I was in the chorus, so I could not join the newspaper. I love to interview people and figure out who they really are. I always thought being part of the newspaper would be fun. I am also very interested in art.

1 Comment

One Response to “Top 24 Holiday Movies”

1. Mrs. Chmura on December 1st, 2015 11:37 am

Great job, Nat and Alexander! It would be interesting to see how your list would compare with a faculty poll– some of the classics might receive higher ratings. 😉

*

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

StarCraft II Video Game Review

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

Rectory’s 2017 Spring Play: Seussical, Jr.

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

Team 5 Elements: A Creative Super Heroes’ Story

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

Top 5 Decorated Christmas Trees in the World

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

Popular Shoes Can Be Pricey!

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

Book Reviews

Former Rectory Headmaster Publishes Civil War Book

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

Minions: Movie Summary and Review

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

The Notorious B.I.G.

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

Review of “The Phantom of the Opera” in China

• Top 24 Holiday Movies

2016 Annual MARS Concert A Great Success

Top 24 Holiday Movies