The student news site of The Rectory School

• Ninth-Grade Capstone Project Outlines due this Friday, February 17th! Don't procrastinate!

• February Long Weekend is February 18 - 20! Enjoy the extra time with your friends and family!

Filed under Editors' Message

Editor’s Message 2014-15

This school year, 2014/15, is the second year that The DiRectory is online. Again this fall, I am pleased to announce that Mrs. Rodman is our fall term Co-Advisor. We both have high expectations for our publication and our staff members this year. We met with Mr. Finnegan, Rectory’s new Assistant Director of Media Communications, who has lots of experience running a newspaper. We picked his brain and have already implemented some of his suggestions. For starters, we have assigned five student Team Leaders, one for each category of the newspaper (News & Opinion; Sports; Arts & Entertainment; Student Life; and Videos & Polls). These Team Leaders will oversee the work of all the student staff members in their department, which will include editing articles, assisting with the production of videos, and ensuring that all staff members meet their monthly publication deadlines. It is our hope that these changes will give our students more experience with the inner workings of a newspaper, as well as improving their collaboration and teamwork skills. So take a look and enjoy the articles and videos from this year’s DiRectory staff!